måndag 9 maj 2016

Monday, Day 1 of Week in the Life 2016

It's here, the week we all have been waiting for - Week in the Life! I thoroughly enjoyed WITL last time and hope to enjoy it equally as much this time around.

Today is May 9th, the day my mom was supposed to turn 55, instead, she passed away in March the year she was going to turn 36. Even though it´s been a long time since her passing, these days around her birthday are always extra emotional.

Monday started off in a very nice fashion, with a long sleep-in. My son normally sleeps until around 6.30 but decided today was a nice day to sleep until 8.40. The fact that daycare-activities start at 9.00 didn't quite bother him. We made it to daycare by 9.45 after a morning where my kid just wouldn't listen to nearly a thing I said and with my patience slowly fading as the minutes went by. Some days just seem to be like that.

When we got out my mood lightened quickly. What fantastic weather!! No sweaters or long pants needed. I had to take off my sons long-sleeve shirt right away due to the heat even this early in the day. This isn't something we normally get in Sweden in May. Before daycare I even had to put on some sunscreen on both my son and myself.

We have a short 5-10 minute walk to my sons daycare center and just recently (a little over a month ago) he decided he´s big enough to walk all the way there by himself and skip the stroller. This is something I find so wonderful since I get to hold his little hand in mine all the way there. It´s his initiative and I just love it! Every chance I get to get a hug, a kiss, a snuggle or some time to be close to this little guy, I make sure I take advantage of.

When I left him at daycare I spoke a little with his daycare-teachers before heading home. I had already decided this was going to be the day when I was going to finish off at least three of my sewing projects. Somewhere in the middle of it all, one of my sewing machines just broke down. A machine which suddenly breaks down during sewing combined with pregnancy hormones cannot end in anything but catastrophe! I broke down crying like a baby. This was my number one goal of the day! Not one of the pieces of clothing I inteded to finish were even nearly finished ;(

After having spent a few hours on forums, reading the sewing machine manual, trying different needles, threads, cleaning the machine, etc the machine still wasn't working, I broke down, again, and decided I needed a change of location. An ice cream on this hot, wonderful day would be my salvation, so I took a walk down to the gas station nearby and sat down in the grass for a while, trying to find some peace within. The ice cream tasted fantastic, but it didn't save my day like I had hoped. Oh well. Some sun on my face and a great tasting ice cream later I went back up to the apartment (after having taken a photo of our house) set on fixing the machine. Let´s just say, I didn't fix it and had another hormonal breakdown. I complained about all of this to my husband who promised he'd take a look at it tonight. We'll see if I'll have to toss it or if it´s possible to keep it. The machine is one of those really cheap ones so there´s absolutely no point in trying to repair it if it come to that.

Off to pick up my son at daycare. As always, he wanted to stay in the park for a few hours before heading home. I cannot say I´m sad about the decision to stay and play, you never know when it´ll be freezing cold again ;) Every minute we get to have this weather will be enjoyed by all parts of my family. Tomorrow is going to be like this again while the rest of the week will be much colder.

We played for some time before Ds friends from daycare started arriving at the park, and he could finally play with a few of them. He was most happy to see his friend E, of course, even though he just left daycare 30 minutes earlier. She´s always the one who´s closest to his heart and the one he wants to play with. The two of them are equally stubborn and mischievous.

Around 17.00 (5 pm) we went home to start our evening routines. While walking home, D drank lots and lots and lots of water and ran around with the water bottle as if it was the most precious item he had held that day. Also, it took quite some time to get home since we were accompanied by E and her dad. Two kids running around and playing all the way home can take some time ;)

Just before we made it home we met dad/husband outside who had just gotten off the subway. D ran towards his dad and gave him a big loving hug, and the look on both of their faces was just pure love. There´s nothing better than watching the love between my husband and my child. There´s nothing bigger than that.

With this heat and yucky sun screen on his skin, D had to take a bath when we came in, and for once he even liked washing his hair, something we normally have a lot of trouble with. Today was a great hair-washing day!

While my husband took care of the bath-routine,
I took care of dinner - some form of sausage stew or something similar. When bathing was done and over we all sat down to eat. D didn't have any appetite today and barely touched his food, not even the rice. A few pieces of pepper was all he wanted today. We don't put any pressure on him when it comes to food, things will only get worse if we do.

After dinner D wanted to sit on my lap to snuggle for a while. I won't say no to that. He had a little chat with the baby and patted my stomach as he spoke to it. He wanted to know what the baby was doing in there, if it was kicking and how it was feeling. I replied as best I could. These moments are so precious and dear to me! I love how he is bonding with his sibling and how he seem to be so curious to see who´s inside of mommy´s tummy. When I ask him who he thinks is inside he always replies "It´s a girl". Neither my husband nor I have any idea who might be in there, but we are extremely curious, of course.

Now, this day has come to an end and even though my emotions have been running high, I am so happy I've gotten to experience all the sun, all the lovely moments and all the smiles. I've been mad at myself for being so sensitive, at the same time as I've been trying to be kind to myself. After all, I'm pregnant, I carry a small person inside my womb, that is not just any small task, it´s a great responsibility. We are so happy this baby is on it´s way. We are so happy to be able to give our son a sibling. We are so happy we have each other and that we are blessed to build this beautiful family.

I felt pride when my son wanted to wash his hair all by himself and rinsed it out without any tears or complaints.
I felt happiness watching my son play with his friends.
I felt love seeing my husband and my child have a cozy bath-time together.
I felt joy when my son was touching my stomach, speaking to his sibling.
I felt annoyed by the fact that my only actual plan, to sew, failed big time.
I felt free when I could sit down in the grass, in sunlight, with my ice cream.
I felt hormonal too many times today.
I felt grateful for the sleep-in this morning.
I felt sad that I waisted so much time being hormonal.
I felt proud of myself that I spent the day trying to turn my mood for the better.
I felt blessed for many reasons.
I felt happy when I was told I was glowing and that my growing stomach was very beautiful.
I felt all sorts of feeling all through this day.

Thank you for visiting my blog, I´m very curious to see how your Week in the Life is going :) Wherever you are in the world, have a great week!

2 kommentarer:

  1. I'm so sorry about your Mom. Sending you hugs! Love your photos and stories! XO!

  2. Love your honesty and seeing the silver lining to it all!